Food + type = perfect combo!

15 Jun

I am loving so many foodie blogs at the moment – the tantilising photography, the clever use of type and the styling – if I could jump into the photo, I would! here are a few I’ve discovered recently:

Clever use of kraft paper – here

Lasagna & Coconut ice via the Kitchy Kitchen

Strawberry icecream cake from Whitney Johnson

Via Trendland

you can see more on my Pinterest board “Yummy goodness”

10 Responses to “Food + type = perfect combo!”

1. sani panini June 15, 2012 at 11:08 am #

The pics are awesome! I love the creativity of the first picture!

• emmyandmouse June 15, 2012 at 11:12 am #

There are so many more examples, but unfortunately couldn’t find them all this morning!

2. snappystreet June 15, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

LOVE this too! We must have the same tastes (both style wise, and food wise!)

• emmyandmouse June 15, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

I know – I popped over to your blog – fabulous!

3. Ratri June 19, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Awesome food pictures Emma! How do you add the text to the pictures? They look really nice!!
    Hope you’re well! :)
    xx ratri

• emmyandmouse June 20, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Hi Ratri! These are just some beautiful photos I found via Pinterest – but Photoshop would be the best program to do this. Otherwise, I think there are some other (free) programs if you don’t have design software. Or the first image is just handwriting on kraft paper and then a photo – that could be a way! Hope you’re well too x

4. Heiress Emma June 20, 2012 at 10:31 am #

Great picks Emma. I just wanted to add to Ratri’s comment that for those of us who don’t have photoshop (aka me), I use powerpoint and safe the file as a jpeg. Works a treat!

• Heiress Emma June 20, 2012 at 10:31 am #

Or SAVE the file, even.

• emmyandmouse June 20, 2012 at 11:29 am #

great, thanks Emma! Feel so spoiled sometimes with my creative suite :)

5. GabiDok June 22, 2012 at 5:32 am #

oooh, I love doing the bananas bites, but I never thought of presenting them in such a nice way!!!